5th Grade Library Resources
Click through the tabs below for helpful resources on each topic.
Age of Exploration
Please Note: Many of the following links are from World Book Student. If you are on a computer at home, you will need to logon to see the article. The username is Student SPS and the password is access.
- John Cabot
- Amerigo Vespucci
- Why was the New World named America and not Columbia?
- Juan Ponce de Leon
- Did Ponce de Leon really search for the fountain of youth?
- Vasco de Balboa
- Hernando Cortes
- Ferdinand Magellan
- Giovanni da Verranzano
- Francisco Pizarro
- Jacques Cartier
- Hernando De Soto
- Francisco Vasquez de Coronado
- Sir Francis Drake
- Henry Hudson
- The effects of smallpox and other diseases on Native Americans
- Colonial Era Interactive Resources
- Jamestown Interactive Adventure
- Social Studies for Kids general info about Colonial America
- African Americans in Colonial America
- The Powhatan Indian World
- Explore Colonial Maryland
- General Information about Colonial America
- Famous Women of Colonial America
- The Signers of the Declaration of Independence
- The Signers of the Constitution
Life in the 13 Colonies
- Daily life in the Thirteen Colonies
- Various facts about daily life in the Colonies
- What did people wear and why?
- Life on a Colonial Farm
- How to talk like a Pilgrim!
- Colonial Toys and Games
- Colonial Trades: The Silversmith (video)
- Colonial Trades: The Farmer (video)
- Colonial Trades: The Wig Maker (video)
- Making Ice Cream in Colonial Jamestown (video)
Civics and Government
Fiction and Nonfiction titles held by the Adams Library can be found by searching the catalog or looking at the resource list titled Civics andGovernment.
Official site of the House of Representatives. Tour the Capitol building, learn how the House works with the Senate and President to run the country, and see a typical day in the our Congress.
Petition the government on virtually any topic, from immigration reform to building a Death Star by 2016.